Physician Assistant from University of Findlay states that physician assistant graduates are expected to be able to function as health professionals who when licensed can practice medicine with physician supervision to respond to the needs of their patients in ways that will improve their quality of life.hysician assistant graduates are expected to be able to function as health professionals who when licensed can practice medicine with physician supervision to respond to the needs of their patients in ways that will improve their quality of life.
Mission and Goals
At the satisfactory completion of the requirements of the Master of Physician Assistant degree from The University of Findlay, the graduate will be able to:
- Evaluate diverse clinical situations by applying knowledge of anatomy, pathophysiology, clinical medicine, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, patient management, surgical principles and health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate the effective exchange of information and collaboration with patients, families and other health professionals.
- Provide care that is effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of wellness as a member of the health care team.
- Demonstrate professionalism by practicing in a competent, legal, and ethical manner as a physician assistant as a member of the health care team, serving a population of patients of all ages in diverse environments.
- Assess and improve delivery of patient care through appropriate use of learning resources, self-reflection and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger system of health care to provide patient care that is of optimal value, and demonstrate an understanding of needs and priorities for cost-effective health care, resources allocation and uncompromised quality of care.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mechanisms of Health and Disease
- Clinical Anatomy
- Physical Assessment
- Clinical Inquiry and Communication
- Medical Ethics
- Clinical Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Health Care Systems, Policy and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 2118 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Graduate applicants to the University of Findlay are students who have completed the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree at either a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in their home country.
- When applying for admission, please select the application that is linked to the graduate program AND entry point you wish to start classes at the University of Findlay.
- The English Test Score requirements can be waived if the student can demonstrate English proficiency.
International28410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Findlay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.