- MGES is a fully-accredited, professional terminal master’s degree focused on preparing you for life in the art business by building skills needed for success in the gallery and museum sectors.
- The program provides advanced level training in visual arts administration and management, designed for careers in art galleries, museums, auctions, art fairs, curatorship and collections management.
- We offer a flexible, “hybrid” low-residency program. MGES consists of online courses you can complete from anywhere in the world, combined with a two-week summer practicum on Western’s beautiful campus and an arranged internship at an art gallery or museum of your choice.
- You can progress through the program at a customized rate and intensity that fit your life and work commitments. If you enroll as a full-time student, you can complete the degree in just 15 months. If you choose to undertake the studies parttime, you can complete in two to four years.
- MGES is offered at a competitive state-university tuition, with scholarships and financial aid available. International students may apply for visas.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Orientation and Practicum
- Gallery Principles I
- Gallery Principles II
- Business Principles I
- Business Principles II
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1495 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
General requirementsAdmissions packages include:
- Transcripts showing a recommended 3.0 undergraduate GPA or above in relevant courses.
- A personal statement (800-1000 words) describing your experience and career interests in the art, gallery, museum and/or cultural heritage sector, and commitment to the arts or cultural heritage.
- A writing sample of 8-10 pages.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or supervisors in related fields.
International18096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18096 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18096 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State6624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6624 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.