Whether you're an educator ready to advance within your school district or a business professional interested in climbing the corporate ladder, the University of Findlay offers a Master of Arts in Education - Children's Literature program to meet your career goals.
The literature that an individual is exposed to in the early stages of their life helps mold the type of person they become. While children's stories are oftentimes fictional, stories and cultural myths contain elements of truth that shape a child's morals and values and help them become a more empathetic, thoughtful, caring person. In addition to the intangible benefits that are gained through well-written children's literature, children also gain the skills of symbolic thought and build their lexicon.
Our courses focus on a variety of topics within the field of children's literature, with special focus on:
- Incorporating literature with the visual arts
- Locating resources to use in your classroom and beyond
- How to write for children
- Curriculum integration
- Illustrations impact on children's books
- Integrating Literature and the Arts
- Mazza Institute: Children's Picture Storybooks: Windows on the World
- Writing for Children
- Topics in Children's Literature
- Advanced Mazza Institute: Children's Picture Storybooks: Windows on the World
- Children's Literature across the Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Literature View 3082 other Masters in Education in United States
- Graduate applicants to the University of Findlay are students who have completed the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree at either a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in their home country.
- When applying for admission, please select the application that is linked to the graduate program AND entry point you wish to start classes at the University of Findlay.
- The English Test Score requirements can be waived if the student can demonstrate English proficiency.
International14850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 495 USD per credit during 12 months.
National14850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 495 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Findlay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.