The medium of instruction is English. At the beginning of the Mechatronics Master's program at University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten, an individual timetable is worked out together with all students, which takes into account the content of the courses completed so far. This strategy is pursued further with the lecture Advanced Mathematics, which provides both a solid foundation and important tools for the further course of study.
The brains of many mechatronic systems are embedded systems, which are mainly dealt with in the second semester. Relevant topics in electrical engineering, such as sensors and actuators, power electronics and electrical drives, are also covered. The simulation and integration of mechatronic systems, as well as their regulation and control, are the subject of further lectures due to their high relevance.
Within the framework of the Scientific Project, students work on their own projects - independently and in international teams. In the third semester, the Master Thesis is completed, often in regional and national industrial companies.
You intend to stay and work in Germany? Or all around the world?
- Our RWU is located in the south of Germany, close to the Lake of Constance and one of the most beautiful tri-border and strongest economic regions in Europe. Our study programs are characterized by a high degree of practical, real-world orientation and a close cooperation with the global players around us, e.g. Airbus, Continental, MTU, Vetter and ZF.
- Mission: Realizing Potential. Shaping the Future. Our RWU is a nationally and internationally respected educational institution, a successful research university as well as a renowned partner for companies and other organizations. The high quality of our teaching, research and continuing education ensure that our graduates are well-respected and more qualified than the average. Our graduates can rely on a broad intercultural competence, are global in their thinking and ready to take on responsibility.
- The individual advice offered by our Career Service provides an excellent opportunity to get to know the latest job offers here in the region: https://www.rwu.de/en/university-uas/institutions/career-service and our progressive German Language Courses provided by our CLIC offer an easy way to build a profound basis in German: https://www.rwu.de/en/university-uas/institutions/clic-center-languages-and-intercultural-communication
- Advanced Mathematics Power Electronics
- Engineering Design and Materials
- Electrical Drives Engineering Mechanics
- Simulation of Mechatronic Systems
- Integration of Mechatronic Systems
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 12 other Masters in Mechatronics in Germany
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in the field of mechanical or electrical engineering, mechatronics, computer science, applied physics, or any other related field of study with a final grade of at least 2,5 (German grading system) and 210 ECTS (corresponding to a 4-year full-time study program). Graduates with only 180 ECTS have to meet additional requirements.
- Applicants who have not obtained their Bachelor‘s Degree yet will be ranked according to their 7th semester CGPA. - 6th semester transcripts only are not accepted!
- Proven English skills: TOEFL (iBT with a total score of at least 70 out of 120) or IELTS (with a minimum overall band score of 6.0) - Medium of Instruction Certificates are not accepted!
- Very good Mathematic skills
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Ravensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.