Sports Journalism from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London offers one of the best routes into the industry. We will train you to become a journalist for the digital age covering everything from the traditional match report to the latest skills in multimedia journalism. Our graduates work in every sector of the industry.
Our comprehensive training programme is taught in partnership with award winning journalists who can give you the head start you need.
Students at Sports Journalism from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London will:
- benefit from the opportunity to acquire the NCTJ Diploma in Journalism in addition to a Master's degree
- be taught by award winning journalists, broadcasters and academics.
- Core Skills in Journalism
- Critical Issues in Sports Journalism
- Digital Sports Journalism
- Media Law
- Public Affairs
- Reporting and News Writing
- Sports Journalism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Journalism Digital Communication View 197 other Masters in Digital Communication in United Kingdom
- We normally require a good degree in any discipline 2:1
- In exceptional circumstances, we may accept a student without such a qualification if they demonstrate an aptitude and commitment to sport and/or journalism.
All candidates selected for interview will be asked to submitted samples of their journalism and sit a short one-hour entrance test.
The entrance test assesses your media skills, creativity, sporting knowledge, sub-editing and writing.
International14550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14550 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.