The Education, Culture and Society from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London is broad in its theoretical scope. Drawing on cross-cultural and global perspectives, you will have the opportunity, in theory and in practice, to critically reflect on your own working practices.
The Education, Culture and Society degree has been specially designed for professionals working in education-related fields, for example: teachers; youth workers; those working in the public sector with families and children; and non-government organisations in both UK and abroad.
The programme is equally suitable for those who wish to dedicate time to either changing the focus of their career, or who are considering a career in academia.
This course will be of interest to those currently teaching in a school or college (ranging from Early Years through to Further Education), but will be interesting to those currently working with, or intending to work with, children and young people in non-formal educational settings such as Children's Services, Youth Work and NGOs.
It will appeal to a broad range of professionals seeking to develop new skills and insights in order to develop their professional practice, and is an excellent qualification for enhancing your career potential.
It also provides excellent preparation for doctoral level study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children and Young People's Rights
- Disability and SEN In Education and Society
- International Perspectives on Early Childhood
- Literacy, Class and Culture
- Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits)
- Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits)
- Master's Degree (180 credits)
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Sociology View 586 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- You are expected to have at least a second class honours 2:2 degree from a recognised UK or overseas university.
- The degree should have an education or social science (sociology, education studies, psychology) component to ensure some working knowledge of the field.
- If you do not have an honours degree you will need to have appropriate professional work experience, combined with evidence of capacity to study at master’s level.
- You will be asked to attend an informal interview prior to acceptance.
International13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13650 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7580 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7580 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.