The Child and Family Health (Karitane) program from Western Sydney University enables graduates to apply advanced nursing concepts and analysis, and lead nursing practice to promote optimal health outcomes for children and families.
This will involve among other things, design, implementation and evaluation of advanced clinical nursing care systems, and analysis and synthesis of nursing concepts leading to a basis for advanced nursing practice and the facilitation of change.
Postgraduate Information Evenings are held throughout the year, and give you the opportunity to meet academic and professional staff as well as ask questions about courses, admission and fees. These evenings give you a better understanding of course content and delivery, what to expect from postgraduate study as well as career outcomes.
- Graduates of this course can look forward to enhanced professional status and career opportunities in their chosen fields, including:
- Primary settings, including home visiting and centre-based services
- Secondary level service delivery including family care centres, sustained home visiting programs and outreach specialist services
- Tertiary level service delivery including residential family care facilities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Child and Family Health: Professional Practice and Frameworks
- Child and Family Health Practice: Supporting Growth and Development
- Clinical Practice: Infant and Child Nutrition and Feeding
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Partnership in Practice
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Evidence Based Health Care
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 160 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
- All international students must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- If English is not your first language or was not the medium of instruction in your secondary or tertiary studies, you are required to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language by achieving a prescribed level in an approved English examination or test before you can receive a full offer of a place.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!