The Building Surveying program from Western Sydney University caters to your need to understand performance based building regulations and fire safety principles. The course is relevant to professionals, understanding of building regulations within states and territories and how alternative solutions are developed using the National Construction Code (NCC).
The course has been developed in consultation with practising building surveyors, certifiers and associate professionals to meet the needs of the building surveying profession. Western Sydney University’s Building Surveying courses have nearly two decades of history and are well recognised by the building surveyors profession and industry for meeting the changing building regulatory environment.
We take a balanced approach to education in the fundamental knowledge and problem-solving skills. You will gain an understanding of building regulations and their interpretations, fire engineering principles and various Australian Standards that become building regulations under the NCC.
You will gain knowledge in the practical assessment and approval process adopted by governments, the profession and the building industry. The course is taught by leading industry experts, as well as academics at the University and some units are via distance learning.
With a degree in building surveying, you can look forward to career opportunities in:
- Municipal building surveyors
- Building inspectors
- Quality control
- Consultants and expert witnesses
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Building Engineering
- Fire Technology and Engineering Principles
- Interpreting Building Regulations
- Planning and Development Control
- Building Fire Services
- Egress and Risk Assessment
- Building Studies
- Disaster and Emergency Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 21 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Australia
- All international students must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- If English is not your first language or was not the medium of instruction in your secondary or tertiary studies, you are required to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language by achieving a prescribed level in an approved English examination or test before you can receive a full offer of a place.
National29840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29840 AUD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!