Bioinformaticians are distinguished by their ability to formulate biologically relevant questions, design and implement the appropriate solution by managing and analysing high-throughput molecular biological and sequence data, and interpret the obtained results.
This interdisciplinary two-year Bioinformatics programme at KU Leuven focuses on acquiring
- basic background knowledge in diverse disciplines belonging to the field of bioinformatics, including statistics, molecular biology and computer science
- expert knowledge in the field of bioinformatics
- programming skills
- engineering skills
Bioinformaticians find careers in the life sciences domain in the broadest sense: industry, the academic world, health care, etc. The expanding need for bioinformatics in biological and medical research ensures a large variety of job opportunities in fundamental and applied research. 60% of our graduates start a PhD after graduation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Molecular Interactions: Theories and Methods
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Model Organisms
- Dynamical Systems
- Statistical Methods for Bioinformatics
- Machine Learning and Inductive Inference
- Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Support Vector Machines: Methods and Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Bioinformatics View 9 other Masters in Chemistry in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
On the basis of the following degrees, or similar degrees, obtained in the Flemish Community:
- Bachelor in de: bio-ingenieurswetenschappen, biochemie en biotechnologie, biologie, biomedische wetenschappen, biowetenschappen, chemie, farmaceutische wetenschappen, fysica, geneeskunde, geografie, geologie, industriële wetenschappen, ingenieurs wetenschappen, wiskunde, Engineering Technology
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.