Bioethics and Medical Law from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London aims to provide healthcare professionals and those who teach ethical subjects with the intellectual resources to reflect critically on the ethical issues of modern medicine.
At St Mary's our multidisciplinary team of ethics experts with backgrounds in law, medicine, philosophy and theology ensure that every student has a chance to gain a thorough understanding of the grounding of ethical principles and their application.
We place a high priority on building a learning community between students and lecturers, which allows for the exchange of ideas and perspectives to thrive.
Personal Tutors will support you throughout the degree, providing learning guidance that will assist you to make the best possible progress and help to map your career development.
The success of our students - in completing PhDs, getting papers published and advancing their careers in biomedical ethics and related fields - bears out the effectiveness of this approach.
The MA is offered both part-time (normally over two or three years) and full-time (over one year). This structure has the great benefit of flexibility, allowing you to switch between your initial decision to study for an MA, PGDip or PGCert.
Students at Bioethics and Medical Law from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London will
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current problems and/or new insights and issues concerning ethical principles, and contemporary schools of bioethics;
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding that enables them to evaluate critically current research and advanced scholarship in bioethics and medical law;
- Human Beings and Human Action
- Ethical issues at the beginning of life
- Ethical issues at the end of life
- Bioethics and Medical Law
- Patients, Professionals and Society
- Religious Bioethics and Faith in the Public Square
- Research Methods and Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Philosophy & Ethics Public Law View 278 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
- Students are normally required to achieve a 2:2 degree from a UK university, or equivalent, in a relevant subject.
- Alternatively, a professional qualification in teaching, medicine or law is also accepted.
- Medical students can also take the full-time MA programme as an intercalated option during their studies usually in their third of fourth year of training.
- If you don't meet these requirements you may be admitted if you show evidence of sufficient experience and aptitude for academic study at Master's Level. You'll need to provide a portfolio of suitable work and experience.
International14550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14550 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.