Marketing communication is a practice as well as an academic discipline. As human beings living in today’s world we are affected by marketing communication in many ways.
The reach of marketing communication, advertising and PR goes far beyond the realms of business, as marketing communication have a pervasive presence in contemporary societies and thus shapes the world in which we live.
As future professionals in the field of marketing communication, you will need to deal with diverse new phenomena such as digitalization, media fragmentation, consumer culture and co-creation, and globalization.
- The Marketing Communication programme at Stockholm University provides a solid background for students pursuing a career in marketing communication, advertising and PR in the broadest sense in private businesses, governmental agencies, or in NGOs. The programme also provides a strong background for students pursuing an academic career in research and teaching.
- After graduation students will be prepared for doctoral studies as well as for work within marketing communication in the broadest sense in private businesses, governmental agencies, or in non-governmental organizations.
- Marketing Communication Theory
- Buyer Behaviour
- Communication: Strategic and Cultural Perspectives
- Digital Marketing and E-commerce
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Marketing Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 7 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The general requirement to study a Master's programme in Sweden is a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, corresponding to at least 180 credits in the European Credit Transfer System.
- Seats are allocated through a successive selection (seats are allocated to one selection group at a time). Firstly, seats are allocated to applicants with GMAT (GRE) result. Secondarily, seats are allocated to applicants with ECTS credits. The maximum merit value in the second selection group (APM) is 270.
International12395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24790 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 62500 SEK. The complete programme: 250000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.