The interface between electrical and mechanical environments is the role of a Mechatronics engineer. It combines precision engineering, automatic control and real-time computing to produce innovative products, such as smartphones, the manufacture of semiconductors, electron microscopes and medical equipment. Robotic manufacturing processes, automatic vision based and vehicle navigation systems also use Mechatronics principles.
There is increasing industry demand for graduates who can work in this interdisciplinary engineering environment. International companies such as Siemens, Volkswagen, and Micron Semiconductors etc. all recruit graduates with a Mechatronics profile.
To develop Mechatronics graduate skills, the programme covers design and modelling of electromechanical systems such as positioning of robotic arms, pick and place technology using vision, recognition and feedback sensing.
The Engineering (Mechatronics) MSc programme offered by Wrexham Glyndwr University also includes real time control system modelling and embedded systems design, development and implementation. Programming includes both high and low level languages such as Python, C or C++, and VHDL for FPGA applications.
The course equips you with a thorough knowledge and skills in engineering at the forefront of new and emerging technologies. Graduates will be well placed to become subject specialists within industry or to pursue research careers within academia.
- Engineering Research Methods
- Sustainable Design & Innovation
- Engineering Systems Modelling & Simulation
- Control Systems Engineering
- Mechatronic System Design
- Microprocessor System Integration
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mechatronics Software Engineering View 213 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
- An honours degree with at least a 2:2 classification or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline or relevant professional experience.
- A scanned copy of your passport (including personal details page).
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far.
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts where the document is not in English or Welsh.
- An acceptable English language certificate.
- Copy of Tuberculosis screening if you are a resident in any of the countries listed. More information about Tuberculosis screening can be found here.
- 2 x academic reference letters (further references might be required).
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements.
- Evidence of work experience (where relevant).
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5940 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.