The rapid emergence of composites has revealed a difficulty in supplying the industry with Engineers that have the requisite knowledge of the materials. This MSc in Composite Material Engineering has been developed with that in mind. Students will learn the full lifecycle of components designed and manufactured with composites.
From first principles, potential students will learn the constituent parts of a composite material and understand the reasons for selecting each material. From there manufacturing methodologies will be understood. Design using composites will be taught after the different types of failure mechanisms are shown. Finally, repair, recycling and disposal of composites will be discussed in detail.
Students will be taught by lecturers from industrial and research background through a combination of lectures, tutorials, Laboratory sessions and computer classes. Industry standard software will be taught to enable the students to graduate with the skills required for industry.
The Engineering (Composite Materials) MSc programme offered by Wrexham Glyndwr University equips you with a thorough knowledge and skills in engineering at the forefront of new and emerging technologies. Graduates will be well placed to become subject specialists within industry or to pursue research careers within academia.
- Engineering Research Methods & Postgraduate Studies
- Engineering Design & Innovation
- Engineering Systems Modelling & Simulation
- Advanced & Composite Materials
- Design with Composites
- Assembly and Repair of Composites
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 129 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- An honours degree with at least a 2:2 classification or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline or relevant professional experience.
- A scanned copy of your passport (including personal details page).
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far.
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts where the document is not in English or Welsh.
- An acceptable English language certificate.
- Copy of Tuberculosis screening if you are a resident in any of the countries listed. More information about Tuberculosis screening can be found here.
- 2 x academic reference letters (further references might be required).
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements.
- Evidence of work experience (where relevant).
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5940 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.