Creative Writing from New England College academic model is studio/research: integrating substantial work in the academic study and creative production of literary art. Students are individually mentored by accomplished, award‐winning faculty members who are among the most compelling writers in their genres, and who also are known for their excellence in teaching.
Graduates with Creative Writing from New England College will:
- Understand the history, theories, and movements that have shaped and continue to influence the writing, reading, and critical reception of literary works.
- Be able to locate your own writing in historical, theoretical, and cultural contexts.
- Be able to engage in rigorous critical discourse on your own writing and the work of others.
- Demonstrate a keen awareness of the writer’s craft and effective use of craft in your own writing.
- Effectively employ skills and methods of revision in your writing process
- Apply what you have learned and practiced to the production of a substantial body of high‐quality literary work.
- Demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and discipline necessary for successful postgraduate professional life in creative writing
- Actively and ethically engage in your academic, literary, geographic, and cultural communities
- Meaningfully contribute to literary/artistic culture and the advancement of the literary arts
- Creative Writing
- Mentorship Study: Creative Writing
- Creative and Critical Process
- Craft, Theory, and Practice
- Form and Theory
- Advanced Theory and Practice
- Professional Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications for both winter and spring residencies are accepted on a rolling basis, with preferred deadlines of May 1 for fall and December 1 for spring.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 348 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Personal Essay: 1-4 pages
- Writing Sample: 10-15 pages in poetry; 20-25 pages in prose
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Copy of unexpired passport
- Online application
- A U.S. equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree with a CGPA (cumulative grade point average) of a 2.75 or above is required.
International20814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41628 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National20814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41628 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.