The Criminology and Criminal Justice programme offered by the Wrexham Glyndwr University builds on expertise and specialist interests across the Criminology and Social Work programmes. It offers students and professionals the opportunity for Continuing Professional Development.
A distinctive feature of the MA Criminology and Criminal Justice programme is that it is delivered 100 percent online, affording the busy student the flexibility to access postgraduate study while maintaining other commitments. The lectures are delivered via Moodle software, allowing excellent flexibility for times and days of study. Students will experience the programme and its online inter-active approach, its relevance to the workplace and its challenging blend of modules both stimulating and supportive. This also means that the programme can be studied internationally.
The MA Criminology and Criminal Justice programme integrates theory, social research, skills and professional experience, preparing students with critical thinking skills for employment in the workforce in criminal and community justice related settings. The programme aims to:
- Provide an advanced level programme for students wanting to critically analyse the theory and practice of criminal justice.
- Engage students in critically assessing and synthesising theoretical perspectives on criminal justice policy and practice.
- Develop an advanced appreciation of the complexities of working in the Criminal Justice arena.
The MA Criminology and Criminal Justice programme allows students to reach their vocational aspirations, making them stand out to a wide range of employers attached to the fields of:
- Youth Justice
- The Prison Service
- Substance Misuse Services
- Community Rehabilitation
- Homelessness Services
- Voluntary Agencies
- Working with victims e.g. domestic abuse related charities.
With further postgraduate study, career paths open to graduates may include Counselling Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Social Work or teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- Contemporary Crime and Justice
- Research Project
- Terrorism and its Consequences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 17 other Masters in Criminal Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The entry criteria includes a degree of at least a 2:2 classification although we will consider applicants with relevant experience.
- Applicants who live abroad are welcome to apply.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.