Featuring rigorous computer programming and database elements, the course is accompanied by a variety of compulsory modules providing the core knowledge to be an effective practitioner in the computing industry. These are combined with optional modules covering additional specialised subjects. You will complete a project during the summer which will typically involve the design and implementation of a significant piece of software.
- Successful completion of the Computing MSc programme offered at Wrexham Glyndwr University enables you to put greater focus on your future career in the field of Computing or the educational paths. You will have the knowledge and competence necessary to continue to develop professionally in the workplace. You might take the opportunity to progress to higher-level academic investigation.
- It is expected that you will be able to gain employment at higher technical and managerial levels, develop particular specialist technical and consultative skills, and be capable of embarking upon Doctoral level study.
- Postgraduate Study & Research Methods
- Future & Emerging Technology
- Software Development: Object Oriented Programming
- Database Systems
- IT Project Management
- Professional Challenges in Computing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 205 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
- The standard entry requirement for the MSc programme is an Honours Degree of at least 2:2 classification or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in a subject other than Computer Science.
- In some cases applicants with substantial commercial or industrial experience can be accepted, subject to interview and references.
- A scanned copy of your passport (including personal details page).
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far.
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts where the document is not in English or Welsh.
- An acceptable English language certificate.
- Copy of Tuberculosis screening if you are a resident in any of the countries listed. More information about Tuberculosis screening can be found here.
- 2 x academic reference letters.
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements.
- Evidence of work experience (where relevant).
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5940 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.