As the demand for specialists in the computer networking industry continues to grow, the programme will support you to develop the specialist technical and consultative skills required to progress to higher technical and managerial positions within businesses, or work towards doctoral study.
Concentrating on practical networking rather than abstract concepts or theories in data communications, the Computer Networking programme offered by the Wrexham Glyndwr University is centred around real-world network problem-solving, the planning, design and development of network services and infrastructures,plus the use and application of current and emerging hardware and protocols.
For your dissertation, you will be expected to investigate cutting-edge technologies, implement and test novel networking solutions, or develop or analyse original network applications.
Successful completion of the course enables you to put greater focus on your future career in the field of Computer Networking or the educational paths. You will have the knowledge and competence necessary to continue to develop professionally in the workplace. You might take the opportunity to progress to higher-level academic investigation.
It is expected that you will be able to gain employment at higher technical and managerial levels, develop particular specialist technical and consultative skills, and be capable of embarking upon Doctoral level study.
Previous students have found employment as:
- Computing Consultants
- Network Engineer / Management in large Internet companies
- Continued Research to PhD level
- Teaching in 6th Form Colleges
- Research Methods
- Future & Emerging Technology
- Networking Hardware and Software
- Networking Techniques & Technologies
- Network Protocols & Algorithms
- Remote Access & Security
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 205 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
- The standard entry requirement for these programmes is an honours degree of at least 2:2 classification in a Computer Science related subject area, or equivalent in any science-based degree with a strong computing and/or engineering element.
- In some cases applicants with substantial commercial or industrial experience can be accepted, subject to interview and references.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Part time fees: EU/EEA - 2,825 GBP per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.