While focusing on building skills, problem-solving, creative expression, and mastering evolving tools and processes, you’ll develop the most important strengths for long-term career success: integration, collaboration and adaptability.
Through Emergent Media (MFA) at Champlain College reflective cross-disciplinary development and production processes, you’ll learn to create cutting-edge, interactive, participatory media capable of transforming people’s lives.
- Explore the crossroads of art, innovation and technology. Throughout the program students will define the next generation of expressive communications whether large scale interactives, mobile games, augmented reality, or new uses of social media platforms.
- Immerse yourself in the latest technological advances through a collaborative production environment. Champlain's Emergent Media Center (EMC) provides a working studio where undergraduate and graduate students work together on mission-based digital media innovations for real clients.
- Use our MakerLab to bring your ideas to life. The Champlain College MakerLab is a prototyping facility equipped with state-of-the-art 3D printers, 3-D scanner, laser cutter, vinyl cutter, Arduinos and traditional tools allowing students to explore possibilities for invention and entrepreneurship.
- Learn from leaders in the world of emergent media. Our MFA faculty are industry experts in the world of video games, interactive design, mobile computing, and more. Their insight and experience adds real-world lessons to the curriculum.
- Live and work in Burlington, VT, a perfect college town. Burlington's vibrant art scene and relative proximity to high-tech hubs makes it a prime location to live and work with emergent media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Interfaces
- Digital Storytelling
- Experience Design: Play and Participation
- Puzzles and Prototypes
- Our Human Experience: Through the Lens of Neuroscience, Education and Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 50 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Champlain College Online admissions process is designed to take into account your whole story.
- We are interested in your previous academic record, but knowing you have much more to bring to the table as a working adult, we'll also consider your current and previous work experiences, as well as your personal and professional goals.
International23850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.