Clinical Mental Health Counseling from New England College involves an intensive internship program, in which students are placed according to their talents and career ambitions, and mentored by the host organization, an New England College faculty member, and the Director of the Mental Health program.
Graduates with Clinical Mental Health Counseling from New England College will:
- acquire knowledge of the history and philosophy of counseling; professional roles, collaboration, professional organizations, credentialing, and ACA and AMHCA ethical standards as a means to developing a counseling identity and an advocacy mindset.
- acquire knowledge of how the elements of diversity and societal factors impact individuals; while, gaining self-awareness regarding their culture and developing a personal understanding of how their own perspectives may affect the counseling relationship.
- acquire knowledge of adaptive and maladaptive development, developmental crises, disability, psychopathology, and theories development and will apply theories of learning, personality development, and strategies for helping individuals throughout the lifespan in an ethical and developmentally appropriate manner.
- know and apply career development theories, decision-making models, vocational and occupational information to career development program planning, organization, implementation, administration, and evaluation.
Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Human Growth and Development
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Assessment and Assessment Techniques
- Career and Lifestyle Development
- Psychopathology and Diagnostic Systems
- Substance Use Disorders and Process Addictions
- Crisis and Trauma Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Advanced Skills in Helping Relationships – Residency
- Treatment Planning and Advanced Assessment
- Professional Issues and Ethics in CMHC
- Skills in Helping Relationships – Residency
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Clinical Psychology View 1996 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official college transcript(s)
- One letter of recommendation
- 750 Word personal statement
- Copy of unexpired passport
- Online application
- A U.S. equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree with a CGPA (cumulative grade point average) of a 2.75 or above is required.
International17280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34560 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National17280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34560 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.