The Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling program of Salve Regina University prepares students for counseling careers in a variety of settings, and for licensure as mental health counselors. We offer a 60-credit master’s degree in clinical rehabilitation and mental health counseling, along with a 48-credit master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling.
Our clinical rehabilitation and mental health counseling program is designed for students who wish to become mental health counselors with a specialization in working with people with disabilities. Upon completion of all academic and licensure requirements, graduates have a wide range of employment options in diverse settings.
Accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, our rehabilitation counseling program prepares students to counsel people with disabilities in order to help them manage their mental health, substance abuse, medical, societal and personal problems; plan careers; and find and keep satisfying jobs. With appropriate supervised experience, graduates are eligible for the national examination to become certified as a rehabilitation counselor.Courses are offered at our Center for Adult Education in Warwick, Rhode Island. Select courses may also be offered online and at our Newport campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Foundations of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Counseling and Personality Theory
- Couples and Family Counseling
- Group Process
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 882 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and provide an undergraduate record that reflects their ability to be successful in graduate studies.
- Completed online application.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Personal statement.
- Two professional letters of recommendation, from faculty and/or work supervisors who can attest to an applicant’s ability to be successful in graduate studies.
International625 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 625 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
National625 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 625 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.