The Quantitative Finance programme from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School covers a broad range of subjects related to the mathematical modelling of financial markets and the pricing and hedging of financial securities.
The course equips you with the necessary theoretical, mathematical and computational skills needed to pursue a career in quantitative finance. If you are a competitive student looking for a career in finance that will use your quantitative talents to the full, this is the course for you.
For graduates wishing to pursue further the theoretical dimension to the discipline, the curriculum content provides the perfect basis for a Ph.D. in Finance.
The MSc in Quantitative Finance from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is highly regarded within the financial services industry.
Potential careers for our graduates include:
- Investment banking
- Portfolio management
- Quantitative analyst
- Risk manager
- Data Scientist
- Capital Markets and Instruments
- Derivative Securities
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Theory
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Advanced Derivative Securities
- Advanced Statistical Computing Methods for Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled. We advise you to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Accounting View 24 other Masters in Accounting in Ireland
An honours bachelors degree in:
- Business/Commerce to include a number of quantitative subjects such as Economics or Finance
- a Finance-related-area, Mathematical Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
with a minimum 2.1 award at NFQ Level 8 (or international equivalent) in a. or b. above.
- Applicants should have demonstrated strong academic ability (a 1.1 or 2.1) in a number of quantitative modules in their degree, such as mathematics, statistics, or econometrics.
- Candidates may be asked to sit the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) subject to individual application.
- English Language Test
- Additional Documentation
International24900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA19000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Part-Time EU €9,500 year
- Part-Time Non-EU €10,250 per year
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.