Who It's For
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program at the Westminster College Salt Lake City is designed as a fifth-year, full-time evening program to satisfy the requirements for CPA licensure. We encourage our students to hold daytime jobs in accounting and will offer assistance in locating students in local CPA firms. Students who follow our program should be fully licensed as CPAs within twelve months of finishing their undergraduate accounting degree.
- The classes are structured to be completed in five 7-week blocks spread over 45 weeks
- Students come to campus 2 to 3 nights per week
- Westminster believes in a hands-on learning approach. Small class sizes (average 20-25) allows an internal control audit; visiting governmental and business offices; and interacting with visiting professionals
- MAcc students have the opportunity to attend classes and activities with Westminster MBA students including Master Track, Power Lunches, Delta Mu Delta, Opportunity Quest, International Context Tour, and Lectures in Entrepreneurship
- Students are encouraged to sit for and pass one section of the CPA Exam at the conclusion of each block. Our MAcc courses integrate CPA Exam simulations with textbook material, experiential learning, and research projects
- In addition to mastering accounting skills, our students focus on developing written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Each of our students has the opportunity to watch and evaluate their performance in communication exercises
- Internal Reporting and Business Control
- Information Technology in the Business Environment
- Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting
- Auditing and Attestation
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Tax Planning and Compliance for Individuals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAccounting View 542 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Application for admission and a $50 application fee
- Official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools and any necessary translations. These transcripts should be submitted directly to an approved professional evaluation service for a course-by-course evaluation (World Education Services or other Westminster approved service). Students who graduate from an American International School are exempt from this requirement. There may be other exceptions granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Evidence of English language proficiency as described in the details below.
International1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.