The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center program at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign provides broad exposure to the history, cultures, politics, and societies of the area as well as to many disciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches to its study.
For individuals planning non-academic careers, such study provides essential preparation for addressing the growing opportunities and challenges presented by this region.
- For students planning academic careers, the program furnishes broad, multifaceted knowledge of the region and valuable experience in its interdisciplinary study and interpretation.
- Illinois offers instruction in ten languages of Eastern Europe, Russia, and Eurasia: BCS (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian), Bulgarian, Czech, German, Polish, Old Church Slavonic, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Yiddish.
- More than 60 language courses and over 100 graduate-level disciplinary courses are available to students.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- International Law
- Golden Age of Russian Literature
- Russian Modernism
- Language & Minorities in Europe
- Slavic Cultural Studies - Polish Cinema
- Russian & Soviet Cinema: From Avant-Garde to Socialist Realism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 788 other Masters in Languages in United States
- 3 Letters of recommendation (Illinois program code: 10KS4097MA)
- GRE Scores (Institution code: 1836; program code: 00 or blank)
- Original, certified copies of all transcripts (submitted directly to the Center)
- Statement of Purpose (one to two pages describing your proposed program of study, scholarly interests, and how a REEES MA would facilitate your career plans)
- Writing Sample (please upload in the space provided in the application)
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.