Through innovative research and outreach programs, students can improve the lives of children, adolescents, adults, and families.
- The Department of Human Development and Family Studies at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign addresses contemporary social issues that affect the health and well-being of children, youth, adults, and families, through high-quality and innovative research, teaching, and outreach programs.
- We seek to recruit students and build collaborations with others who share our interests.
- Families in Global Perspective
- Asian Families in America
- Close Relationships
- Motor Development and Control
- Diversity in Recreation, Sport, and Tourism
- Infancy & Early Childhood
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Sociology View 216 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- The minimum grade-point average for admission is 3.0 (A = 4.0). As a guideline, doctoral applicant GRE scores should be above 156 for the verbal reasoning test, above 146 for the quantitative test, and above 4.5 for analytical writing, though the Admissions Committee may admit candidates below these scores if the student demonstrates compelling strengths in other areas.
- GRE scores should be no more than 2 years old. In addition to academic potential, we carefully assess the match between applicant interests and career goals and the focus of our program and its faculty.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 24 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.