The Adult and Continuing Education program of Coppin State University followes specialty areas that serves to enhance the basic core of the Master of Science in Adult and Continuing Education:
- The Administration and Supervision specialty develops and strengthens the leadership and specialized skills for administrators, counselors, teachers, and all other relevant parishioners of adult education, counseling and training programs.
- The Gerontology specialty provides a comprehensive approach for students to better understand the theoretical and clinical aspects of aging. Students will gain a better understanding of the role of home health providers, and family caregivers. Emphasis is placed on the aging process and the cyclical affects. The knowledge base to better understand the changing roles of aging persons in society as well as analyses of government responses to dealing with the aged will be provided.
- The Family Counseling specialty prepares students in the field of family studies. Students in this program are taught theoretical concepts and intervention strategies in the field of family studies. Particular emphasis is given to the dynamics of family systems theory and the rationale and practice of marriage and family counseling. Students will acquire basic knowledge and apply it to these concepts related to family systems theories.
- Apply adult learning / development theory to adult education instruction, counseling, training, etc.
- Assess diverse individual adult learner needs and identify appropriate learning tools and practices
- Employ models as a tool in adult education in order to bring theories into daily practice
- Utilize multiple instructional strategies
- Plan, implement and evaluate adult education instruction, courses, and programs
- Develop equitable learning opportunities for all students in adult education instruction, courses and programs
- Demonstrate intellectual engagement with adult and continuing education practices through creative and scholarly activities / projects
- Address ethical challenges through a framework that forms personal and organizational standards that are shaped by a belief in social justice, equity, and integrity
- Foundations of Adult Education
- The Adult Learner
- Strategies for Curriculum Development
- Counseling Adults
- Administration of Education Programs
- Supervision of Instruction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 157 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is prerequisite for admission to graduate study
- Obtain an application from the School of Graduate Studies
- Complete the application for admission and return it with the non-refundable application fee of $50.00
- Arrange to have official copies of test scores, if applicable
- Official transcripts sent from all college and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation sent to the Director of the Office of Admissions at the above address
- International applicants from countries whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency
International11266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11266 USD per year during 24 months.
National11266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11266 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.