An explosion of biological information is being generated from academic, industry, and government labs giving rise to a critical demand for professionals who can turn this information into useful knowledge.
- At Illinois, students work side-by-side with distinguished faculty members and researchers. They also benefit from their peers — a talented and diverse group of promising graduate students who come from all over the world.
- Research in bioinformatics takes place not only in academic departments, but in several leading interdisciplinary centers on campus, equipped with the latest tools and techniques, as well as experimental bioinformatics facilities.
- Bioinformatics graduate students at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign are encouraged to participate in a course on responsible conduct of research (RCR).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied bioinformatics
- Statistical Genomics
- Bioinformatics & Systems Biology
- Principles of Systematics
- Computing in molecular biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Prospective students should apply directly to the unit of their choice as each unit has its own application, admission and curricular requirements.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 589 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- Applicants must have earned at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college in the United States or a comparable degree from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- Applicants enrolled in the final year of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in the United States or a or comparable degree program from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad, and who meet the GPA requirements stated above will be admitted conditionally pending receipt of final academic credentials showing the undergraduate degree as conferred.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.