The Master of Science Degree in Addiction Studies Program from University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff prepares students for leadership careers in the prevention and treatment (i.e., counseling services) of substance abuse. Students learn to manage addiction facilities and develop new knowledge and skills in response to changing client needs. The courses also help prepare students to become (1) Licensed Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, (2) Certified Alcohol/ Drug Counselors (CADC) and Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselors (AODA); and (3) Certified Prevention Specialists and Certified Prevention Consultants.
The Master of Science Degree in Addiction Studies Program offers not only services to individuals who are currently employed in the addictions field, but opportunities to people who are new to the field. The program helps to increase the pool of professionals prepared to provide addiction counseling and prevention services that are needed throughout the state and beyond.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diagnostics and Statistical Evaluation in Addiction Studies
- Alcohol and Alcoholism
- Clinical Models of Addiction
- Case Management and Prevention Ethics
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Family Counseling
- Dual Diagnosis
- Planning, Managing, and Evaluating Substance Abuse Programs
- Counseling Special Populations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour View 152 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit undergraduate transcript from a regionally accredited college or university in a sealed envelope from the registrar’s office or the office of admissions.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation (one from a former professor, if possible) that includes a discussion of the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses relative to him or her being a professional in the prevention and/or treatment of addictions field.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit a completed Master of Science Degree in Addictions Studies application.
- Submit a completed University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Graduate Studies application.
- Enroll in only one graduate degree program at a time.
International469 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 469 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National207 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 207 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.