The degree in Public Health at the University of Wisconsin Madison provides a practice-oriented approach for those who want to strengthen their general knowledge and skills in public health, either through a single degree or through one of the program’s many dual degree programs.
Our program takes an interprofessional, practice-oriented approach to provide education and training to students in the Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Pharmacy, Nursing, Veterinary Medicine, Public Affairs, and Law. In the fall of 2019, our program will introduce a new, innovative curriculum that better prepares our graduates to take on the challenges they will face as they enter the public health workforce.
- Determining if a career in public health is the right option for you can sometimes be a difficult task given the broad and varying possibilities that this degree can lead to. The first step in determining this is to gain an understanding of what public health is and understand the field of public health and its impact.
- Whether you want a career right here in Madison, Wisconsin, or you're hoping to work abroad, there will be a demand for public health professionals with the skills to improve and maintain the health of their communities.
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making
- Communicating Public Health Effectively
- Determinants of Health and Health Equity: A Systems Approach
- Quantitative Approaches to Public Health
- Public Health Surveillance & Analytics
- Public Health and Health Care Systems
- Planning & Management to Promote Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1518 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Bachelor degree and GPA requirements
- GRE scores
- Public health experience
- English language proficiency tests
- International academic records
- Application fee
- Three letters of recommendation are required
- A personal statement
- Unofficial transcripts
International25548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25548 USD per year during 24 months.
National25548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12220 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.