Chatham University's Film and Digital technology program is one of the few accelerated MFA programs in the United States that includes both film and digital technology. Students in this graduate program are encouraged to explore project work in a range of media production areas to explore the blurred boundaries between previously separate media production forms.
Students will focus on developing their understanding of how emerging concepts such as interactivity, connectivity and convergence of emerging technologies such as DVD and interactive video are creating new creative possibilities, production processes, and delivery systems for more traditional forms of media production, such as film and video.
One of the powerful uses of film and digital media is the ability to create awareness and serve as a catalyst for change. Our curriculum includes research components that position students' work within broader social, historical, cultural, and theoretical contexts. This provides students with a platform to engage with stories of sustainability, women's issues, global perspectives, or other pressing concerns that deserve a voice.
- Media Project : Digital Video Production
- Media Project Advanced Sound Production
- Media Project : Visual Effects & Animation Modes
- The Craft of Screenwriting
- Media Contexts : Media History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 85 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
- Have a completed baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, with an overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. (Probationary admission may be granted for applicants with a GPA of less than a 3.0 who show extreme promise through their other achievements.)
- Portfolio or other examples of work in film and/or digital media
- Completed application for admission, including:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Resume and/or additional supporting information on professional or volunteer activities
- Three-to-five-page statement of previous experience and current goals in the field
- Two letters of recommendation
International987 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 987 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National987 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 987 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.