The Statistics Department at the University of Wisconsin Madison provides extensive computing facilities, both hardware and software, to support instruction and research. Several computers and advanced graphic workstations are available for use in advanced courses enabling students to pursue the latest research directions in statistical computing and graphics. Common statistical packages and libraries are available on a variety of machines.
An M.S. in Statistics with a named option in data science is also available to students meeting the criteria. In addition, the department is closely involved with the Biometry M.S., and with the School of Medicine and Public Health Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics.
- Demonstrates understanding of statistical theories, methodologies, and applications as tools in scientific inquiries.
- Selects and utilizes the most appropriate statistical methodologies and practices.
- Synthesizes information pertaining to questions in empirical studies.
- Communicates data concepts and analysis results clearly.
- Recognizes and applies principles of ethical and professional conduct.
- Mathematical Statistics
- Statistical Inference
- Theory and Application of Regression and Analysis of Variance
- Statistical Consulting
- Learning a Statistical Language
- Time Series
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 385 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- Students holding a bachelor's degree with a natural science, social science, or engineering major and strong mathematical background are encouraged to apply for admission to the graduate program in statistics.
- Students are advised to undertake graduate work in statistics only if their undergraduate grades in mathematics were uniformly high.
International25548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25548 USD per year during 24 months.
National25548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12219 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12219 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.