The Master of Science in School Counseling program prepares professional school counselors to work effectively in K-12 schools through a combination of challenging coursework and practical field experiences.
We prepare counseling professionals to address the academic, personal/social and career counseling needs of students at the elementary and secondary levels. Students in our program are trained in a comprehensive, developmental approach to providing school counseling services. An emphasis is placed on working within the three domains of the American School Counseling Association national model of providing academic, personal/social and career counseling to all students.
- Courses included:
- Counseling Theory and Practice
- Research in Counseling
- Clinical Counsel Skills
- Tests, Measuremnt, Appraisal
- Life-Span Developmnt Issues
- Qualifying Exam
- Qualifying Exam Workshop
- Violence Prevention
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Substance Abuse Workshop
- Dignity For All StudentsThesis
- Group Counseling & Dynamics
- Career Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Fall Enrollment: June 1 - priority deadline
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Educational Psychology View 514 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Online application and $40 application fee starting Nov 1st, 2018.
- Statement of Purpose (approximately 300 words)— An effective Statement of Purpose will provide faculty reviewers with an understanding of the applicant’s objectives and motivation for pursuing a graduate degree or certificate.
- Resume— A current resume is required for all programs.
- Unofficial Transcripts— eg. electronic copies of official transcripts issued by institutions of higher education.
- Certification/Licensure Documentation — eg. state licensure examination results, copies of certifications.
- Test Scores— eg. electronic copies of GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE test results.
- Visa Documents— eg. passports, financial verification documents.
- Miscellaneous— eg. WES evaluations, CITE internship forms.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Exam Scores
- Proof of English Proficiency (international applicants only)
International38352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.