Do you have a heart for young people who may need help and guidance? Do you desire to serve at the college level, guiding students in making decisions to take action in their lives?
The Student Affairs and College Counseling program at Wayne State College provides a strong base of theory and practical skills that enable our graduates to thoughtfully and respectfully provide assistance to people in need.
With a master's in student affairs and college counseling, you may serve as a counselor in a technical school, college, or university upon completion of this program of study. These counselors may also facilitate student transitions to professional education and career placement.
- Multicultural Counseling
- Prof Counselors/Ethical Standards of Practice
- Theories of Counseling
- Career Dev and Life Planning
- Individual and Group Assessment
- Develop CSI over the Lifespan
- Student Affairs and College Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Educational Psychology View 993 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Successfully complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Complete and submit the online Graduate Application for Admission a
- Request official transcript(s) for all college coursework
- The official transcript(s) must be original, have the official seal of the institution and the degree statement, and must be sent directly to WSC (the transcript(s) must not pass the student’s hands).
- Three reference forms or letters need to be submitted on your behalf. Eligible references are school administrators and current or previous employers. The recommendations cannot be from peers, people the student is currently supervising or has supervised in he past.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose to the Dean of the School of Education and Counseling
International11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 465 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 465 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 232 USD per credit during 24 months.
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota, North Dakota or Wisconsin resident (WSC campus): $348
Living costs for Wayne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.