Candidates gain practical experience in local schools and in a refugee center close to campus. They learn to support both local and immigrant populations in ways that are interactive and engaging.
The College of Saint Rose's Literacy programme strives to foster creativity, critical thinking and caring citizenship. These attributes are the core of effective literacy practice. Our program seeks to prepare literacy professionals who have a solid knowledge base and impeccable ethical qualities to make high level professional decisions in working with students with diverse needs.
To accomplish this, our course work provides both literacy theory and guided teaching experiences in various educational settings. We challenge our candidates to be competent, compassionate and reflective teachers who are committed to being strong advocates for their students.
- Classroom teachers
- Literacy specialists
- Program coordinators
The specialized accrediting agencies noted below are recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation: Programs offered by The College of Saint Rose for the preparation of all school professionals, leading to initial and advanced certifications, are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Courses included:
- Educational Research
- Research Seminar:Literacy
- Teaching Portfolio in Literacy
- Advanced Literacy Improvement
- Theories/Teaching Writing
- Theories of Literacy
- Literacy Coaching
- Literacy for English Language Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Fall Enrollment: June 1 - priority deadline
DisciplinesTeaching Literacy Education View 1734 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Online application and $40 application fee starting Nov 1st, 2018.
- Statement of Purpose (approximately 300 words)— An effective Statement of Purpose will provide faculty reviewers with an understanding of the applicant’s objectives and motivation for pursuing a graduate degree or certificate.
- Resume— A current resume is required for all programs.
- Unofficial Transcripts— eg. electronic copies of official transcripts issued by institutions of higher education.
- Certification/Licensure Documentation — eg. state licensure examination results, copies of certifications.
- Test Scores— eg. electronic copies of GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE test results.
- Visa Documents— eg. passports, financial verification documents.
- Miscellaneous— eg. WES evaluations, CITE internship forms.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Exam Scores
- Proof of English Proficiency (international applicants only)
International23970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.