With a Masters in Information Technology at College of Saint Rose, you’ll gain skills in technical communication and teamwork — which are in great demand among employers — as well as advanced knowledge of data structures, computer architecture, database management systems, data communications, user interface design, and software engineering. A deeper understanding of information systems can only enhance your career prospects.
The program and courses are updated frequently to keep up with the myriad of changes in technology, including new course offerings in System Administration, Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technologies, Big Data, and Advanced Database. Multiple classes in Cybersecurity are also available.
- Apply fundamental principles and methods of Computer Science to a wide range of applications
- Apply mathematical and scientific reasoning to a variety of computational problems
- Design, correctly implement and document solutions to significant computational problems
- Analyze and compare alternative solutions to computing problems
- Design, implement, debug and test software systems that meet specified design and performance requirements
- Work effectively in teams to design and implement solutions to computational problems
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Courses included:
- Data Struct/Algorithm Analysis
- Computer Organization
- Database Theory & Design
- Data Communications
- User Interface Design
- Advanced Programming
- Software Engineering
- System Administration
- Software Engineering
- Database Management Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Fall Enrollment: June 1 - priority deadline
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 626 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Online application and $40 application fee starting Nov 1st, 2018.
- Statement of Purpose (approximately 300 words)— An effective Statement of Purpose will provide faculty reviewers with an understanding of the applicant’s objectives and motivation for pursuing a graduate degree or certificate.
- Resume— A current resume is required for all programs.
- Unofficial Transcripts— eg. electronic copies of official transcripts issued by institutions of higher education.
- Certification/Licensure Documentation — eg. state licensure examination results, copies of certifications.
- Test Scores— eg. electronic copies of GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE test results.
- Visa Documents— eg. passports, financial verification documents.
- Miscellaneous— eg. WES evaluations, CITE internship forms.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Exam Scores
- Proof of English Proficiency (international applicants only)
International26367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.