Powerful new tools in modern biology make it possible to link the cellular and molecular with integrative levels in physiological systems, the cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, endocrine, neurophysiological, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, and metabolic systems. The program provides doctoral training in mechanistic studies that use these new tools to study the functions of molecules, cells, tissues, and organ systems in preparation for careers in biomedical research, biotechnology, and academic teaching.
We offer a master degree in Physiology at the University of Wisconsin Madison. Students learn through lecture courses, seminar courses, seminars by speakers from campus and from other institutions, journal clubs and, most important, from their research mentors. Students are encouraged to interact with other training programs and research centers to broaden their knowledge and experience. Gaining expertise in public speaking is an important component of the program.
- Teach physiology, engaging audiences and helping them to learn.
- Demonstrate a didactic knowledge of physiology.
- Describe past science, propose future experiments, and defend their ideas to peers in a proposal format.
- Understand that science and research is based on trust– trust between scientists and colleagues, trust between scientists and policy makers, trust between scientists and advisory boards, and trust between scientists and society.
- Communicate their science verbally and do so in a clear manner for a variety of audiences.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Fundamentals of Human Physiology
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Responsible Conduct of Research for Biomedical Graduate Students
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 490 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- This master’s program is offered for work leading to the Ph.D
- Students may not apply directly for the master’s, and should instead see the admissions information for the Ph.D
International25336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25336 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25336 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12009 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.