The University of Wisconsin Madison offers this Pharmaceutical Sciences degree under the following named-option master’s degrees which provide students with knowledge and skills that are directly applicable to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries:
- The Applied Drug Development named option allows students to earn their Master of Science degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences through coursework that explores various facets of the drug development process.
- The Psychoactive Pharmaceutical Investigation named option allows students to earn their Master of Science degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences through interdisciplinary coursework covering the discovery, development, and clinical application of psychoactive drugs as therapeutic agents.
- Demonstrate critical knowledge and in-depth understanding of principles in the student's area of expertise.
- Identify important research questions, formulate testable hypotheses, and design experiments to test those hypotheses.
- Conduct original research that contributes to the student's field of study.
- Communicate scientific knowledge and research results effectively to a range of audiences.
- Demonstrates breadth within their learning experiences.
- Advances contributions of the field of study to society.
- Apply ethical principles in conducting scientific research.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Natural Product Synthesis, Biosynthesis and Drug Discovery
- Cellular Signal Transduction Mechanisms
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Seminar
- Current Trends in Drug Discovery and Development
- Laboratory and Instrumentation Methods
- Pharmaceutical Economics and Project Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Pharmacy View 212 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
- Students with undergraduate degrees in the physical or biological sciences, engineering, pharmacy, and related fields are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate School Application
- Personal Statement
- Current CV/Resume
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
- English proficiency
International25548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25548 USD per year during 24 months.
National25548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12220 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.