The most up-to-date information on the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest without actually travelling to Budapest:
Book an online appointment!
If you feel like the university has got your interest, and you would like to learn more about the admission process, you may find it useful to have a chat with one of our admission officers. You can book a 20 min appointment with them.
Take a virtual tour at the university!
Following the little arrows and information points, you will be able to get a feel of the camp us without actually visiting it.
More online information sources available on the university website.
Online Application System
The Veterinary Medicine programme is offered at the University of Veterinary Medicine.
- Practice oriented training: Theoretical foundation of studies, followed by a practical training on how to treat and cure animals
- Quality education, 5.5 years:
- Preclinical period: 4 semesters, main subjects (like Anatomy, Histology, Biochemistry etc) and farm practicum in animal husbandry
- Clinical-paraclinical period: 7 semesters, includes the paraclinical subjects (like Animal Breeding and Husbandry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Food Hygiene, State Veterinary Medicine and Economics, Forensic Veterinary Medicine etc), and weekly clinical hours in Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Surgery, Obstetrics and Animal Reproduction
- Small and Large Animal Clinics: provide students, staff and clients with 21st-century facilities for diagnostics and treatment
- Well-paid profession: After 5.5 years of studies, students receive the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine diploma. It ensures outstanding career prospects, a respected and acknowledged profession.
FIELDS OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- The degree students get here ensures outstanding career prospects, a respected, well paid and acknowledged profession.
- Working at a vet clinic (with small or large animals)
- Working with small animals (as a private practitioner)
- Working with large animals (as a private practitioner or at farms)
- Working with exotic and wildlife animals (in nature, national parks or in the zoo)
- State Office of Veterinary Hygiene and Public Health
EAEVE accreditation: the degree received at UVMB is accepted automatically by the member countries of the European Union and in several other countries of the world.
The preparation of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accreditation is in progress. After obtaining it, graduates will be able to get their license in the US and Canada
- The entire curriculum consists of more than 5000 hours, a curriculum standard for the European Community.
- The program lasts 5.5 years divided into 11 semesters.
- Before the conclusion of the program, students submit and defend a thesis; and pass the state examination.
- The curriculum contains lectures, practicums, and field- or extramural practice. (Lectures are given for an entire term, practicums are held in a tutorial system with 8-15 students in a group.)
- The curriculum is divided into a pre-clinical and a clinical-paraclinical period.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Students need to apply through the Online Application System of UVMB: apply.univet.hu.
Application Documents to Submit:
- Secondary School Leaving Certification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of Passport
- Letters of Recommendation
- Short motivation letter
+ 1 Transcript of records – only for applicants with relevant preliminary studies, for example: IB program, Cambridge diploma, French BCPST program, academic background in natural sciences, etc. (“transfer students”)Transfer from other Universities
As a member of the international academic community UVMB recognizes studies at other accredited Universities from any part of the world particularly if these included natural sciences.
International12480 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12480 EUR per year during 72 months.
EU/EEA12480 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12480 EUR per year during 72 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.