The M.S. Mechanical Engineering degree, offered by the University of Wisconsin Madison, with a named option in Research takes approximately two years to complete. The thesis track has a significant research component giving students valuable hands-on research experience with mentoring by faculty in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The independent study track has a stronger focus on coursework but also requires at least 3 credits of independent study mentored by faculty in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
The M.S. Mechanical Engineering degree with named options in Accelerated Program; Automotive Engineering; and Modeling and Simulation in Mechanical Engineering each take approximately 3 terms (1 calendar year) to complete. These three programs only include coursework.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles in the field.
- Demonstrate an ability to formulate, analyze, and independently solve advanced engineering problems.
- Apply the relevant scientific and technological advancements, techniques, and engineering tools to address these problems.
- Recognize and apply principles of ethical and professional conduct.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mechanical Engineering
- Architectural Graphics
- Civil Engineering Graphics
- Geometric Modeling For Design And Manufacturing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 308 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution is required. International applicants must have a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree
- A minimum undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00
- The Graduate School does not require the GRE
- Every applicant whose native language is not English, or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English, must provide an English proficiency test score
- International applicants are required to have adequate financial resources to cover expenses for the duration of their studies at UW–Madison
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.