We’ve partnered with nationally-renowned medical facilities to offer exceptional clinical experiences during both phases of the program, with an orthopedic thread. The Physician Assistant Studies program at Christian Brothers University promotes interdisciplinary team care, patient advocacy, and the delivery of primary health care for all patients.
Your training will provide you with the knowledge and experience to examine patients, diagnose injuries and illnesses, and provide treatment as a general practitioner. After graduation, you must pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) and apply for state medical licensure to work with a supervising physician or surgeon.
Why Become a Physician Assistant?
Physician assistants enjoy a great work-life balance and a high level of job satisfaction. PAs perform services the supervising physician might provide, and can work with a relatively high degree of autonomy. Also, PAs are the only medical care provider who can change their area of practice from one medical specialty to another without additional formal training or certification.
Career & Salary Outlook
The PA profession is seeing tremendous growth. U.S. News & World Report ranked physician assistant (PA) as the 3rd best job overall and the 2nd best healthcare job in 2020. Salaries have been rising with demand – the median PA salary has gone from $104,131 in 2016 to $115,000 in 2018, according to the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) 2018 Statistical Profile of Certified Physician Assistants Annual Report.
- Orientation to Medical History & Physical Examination
- Hematology & Oncology
- Infectious Disease
- 29 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 763 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited American college or university or an equivalent degree from a foreign institution that has been evaluated through the World Education Services (WES)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A grade of “C” or better is needed for all prerequisite courses: General Biology with labs, Anatomy and Physiology with labs, Microbiology with lab, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry (labs recommended but not required), Statistics, Psychology, Medical Terminology. Online courses and labs can satisfy prerequisite course requirements
- Official transcripts
- Two references
- The CASPer Test – Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics
- An interview is required for consideration of admission into the program
- International transcripts must be evaluated through WES (University requirement)
- The program may require TOEFL scores if English is not the applicant’s native language
International25450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12725 USD per semester during 29 months.
National25450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12725 USD per semester during 29 months.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.