About Public Administration at University of La Verne
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree at the University of La Verne offers an innovative and practical curriculum that stresses intellectual and theoretical foundations for professionals preparing to take on socially responsible roles in public leadership and service.
Accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration, the MPA program is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top graduate public affairs programs in Southern California. Features and benefits of the program include:
- personal attention, networking, and high levels of interaction among students and faculty;
- an emphasis on skills development and civic professionalism;
- relevant core offerings and choice of concentrations;
- courses focused on active learning, including an elective travel course and applied project opportunities;
- highly competent, professional faculty dedicated to public service;
- year-round coursework allows students to begin fall, winter, spring, or summer;
- full library resources and specialized career development services offered to all students and alumni;
- tutoring and mentoring offered by the Academic Success Center;
- financial assistance.
- Public Administration and Society
- Public Management and Leadership
- Organizational Theory and Development
- Policy Formation
- Budgeting and Fiscal Management
- Ethics in Administration
- Legal Environment of Public Administration
- Quantitative Methods for Public Management
- Graduate Seminar
- 15 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Recommended: application to be submitted at least one month prior to the semester/term you wish to begin (international students: at least two months)
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration View 692 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- A preferred GPA of 2.5 or above for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and a GPA of 3.0 for any graduate work.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Additional Requirements per Program
- Proof of English Proficiency
International26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 15 months.
National26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for La Verne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.