The Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree at the University of La Verne offers an innovative and practical curriculum that stresses intellectual and theoretical foundations for professionals preparing to take on socially responsible roles in public leadership and service.
Accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration, the MPA program is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top graduate public affairs programs in Southern California. Features and benefits of the program include:
- personal attention, networking, and high levels of interaction among students and faculty;
- an emphasis on skills development and civic professionalism;
- relevant core offerings and choice of concentrations;
- courses focused on active learning, including an elective travel course and applied project opportunities;
- highly competent, professional faculty dedicated to public service;
- year-round coursework allows students to begin fall, winter, spring, or summer;
- full library resources and specialized career development services offered to all students and alumni;
- tutoring and mentoring offered by the Academic Success Center;
- financial assistance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Administration and Society
- Public Management and Leadership
- Organizational Theory and Development
- Policy Formation
- Budgeting and Fiscal Management
- Ethics in Administration
- Legal Environment of Public Administration
- Quantitative Methods for Public Management
- Graduate Seminar
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Recommended: application to be submitted at least one month prior to the semester/term you wish to begin (international students: at least two months)
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 539 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Doctoral programs may also require a master’s degree.) Students whose degrees were completed at foreign universities must submit notarized translations into English where appropriate. Such students may be required to have their degrees evaluated by a La Verne-approved evaluation service to determine equivalency to a bachelor’s degree from the United States. There is a fee for this service.
- A preferred GPA of 2.5 or above for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and a GPA of 3.0 for any graduate work.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
International825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 825 USD per credit during 18 months.
National825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 825 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for La Verne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.