The Social Work program offered by the Metropolitan State University of Denver promotes the values and work of the profession, through teaching, service, research and collaboration.
The strength of social work is in its versatility and roots in social justice. This program will equip students to fulfill a variety of professional roles such as clinician, therapist, leader, organizer, and activist. This Integrative Practice approach to our advanced curriculum prepares students to be leaders that understand how to work effectively across multiple systems.
Social workers need a holistic approach and intersectional perspective in working with client and client systems; and understand the reciprocal connections among individuals, the social environment, and policies. Social workers as leaders is a fundamental concept that requires students to engage as agents of change and develop a clinical lens that applies to all levels of practice. Students must be skilled in their use of multi-dimensional assessments and interventions in work with individuals and at the organizational and community level.
Our graduates are working as program directors, medical social workers, therapists, school social workers, birth mother case workers, internal medicine social workers, therapeutic additions case workers, forensic social workers and more!
- Crisis Intervention and Response to Interpersonal Violence
- The DSM for Social Work
- Therapeutic Use of Groups
- School-Based Social Work
- Privilege, Oppression, and Power
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Advanced Standing ONLY - must hold a degree from a baccalaureate social work program accredited by CSWE (obtained between September 2013 and present)
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (applicants with a GPA below 3.0 may still apply for conditional acceptance consideration)
- Regular Program ONLY - Completion of Undergraduate Prerequisite Courses prior to the start of MSW coursework
- Online MSU Denver Graduate Application (including $50 application fee)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (submitted electronically)
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- MSW Program Application Materials
International662 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 662 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 475 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.