The SJHE program is a critical theory-to-practice program that equips professionals to be successful in a wide range of settings in higher education, including, campus life, multicultural affairs, leadership development, and residence life. Rooted in NASPA & ACPA competencies and the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education’s (CAS) guidelines, SJHE is unique in that social justice and cultural competence are at the core of the curriculum and all theories and practices are examined through an intersectional lens. This design prepares our graduates to meet the needs of increasingly diverse student populations at various types of institutions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Personal and Professional Foundations
- Social Justice and Higher Education
- Student Learning and Development Theories
- The Student Characteristics, Learning and Culture
- Assessment, Evaluation, Research & Grants
- Planning, Program Development & High Impact Practices
- Advising and Supporting Individuals and Groups
- Law, Policy, Safety and Restorative Justice
- Supervised Practice One (l) (150 hours)
- Leadership and Leaming Organizations
- Graduate Research Seminar
- Social Justice, Pedagogy and Praxis
- Supervised Practice Two (II) (150 hours)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Public Administration View 504 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- A completed La Verne Freshman Application OR Common Application
- $50 (USD) application fee
- Official high school transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools and universities:
- A Personal Essay allows us to get to learn a little more about you. Essay prompts are located in the application and are submitted at the time of application submission;
- One letter of recommendation
- SAT (La Verne Code 4381) or ACT (La Verne Code: 0295) exam results sent directly from the testing agency to the University of La Verne; or
- TOEFL (La Verne Code: 4381), IELTS, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) or PTE Academic results sent directly from the testing agency to the University of La Verne.
International750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.