The Education (Early Childhood Studies) course from Bath Spa University draws on theoretical insights into the study of early childhood which challenge and inspire. Children’s right to play and to learn through play are important features throughout the course.
You'll explore perspectives of outdoor pedagogy and the importance of research in early childhood education. You'll consider ethical ways to engage with children, their families and communities in areas such as education for sustainability and children’s engagement with nature.
Your final dissertation is an opportunity to explore and research a topic of your choice and is a fitting way to complete your Master’s journey at Bath Spa. This MA Education in Early Childhood Studies incorporates modules that will enhance your understanding and provide insights into constructions of childhood.
Governments worldwide are now making early childhood education a priority and increasing their investment in provision for young children. You’ll acquire specialist expertise in an area of education that is rapidly expanding and opening up new career opportunities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Education and Society
- Research Methods in the Social Sciences
- Early Childhood: Education, Culture and Society
- Perspectives of Outdoor Play
- Research and Professional
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Late applications (generally those made after 31 July) will only be considered if places remain on the course.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 119 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Some students apply for our MA having completed their PGCE with the intention of postponing their entry to the profession, whereas others apply before making a decision whether to become a teacher. Some are already teachers who wish to develop their understanding of the role.
- The content and subject matter of your first degree is open. Some students have educational studies as a first degree, while others studied subjects from marine biology to music, or are experts in alternative fields.
International14540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14540 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7855 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7855 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part-time fee - £3,928
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.