The program is interdisciplinary, providing formal course work in statistics and biology, consulting experience, and supervised research combining the two areas. Students completing the program will understand biological processes and have the ability to apply and extend a broad range of statistical concepts and techniques to biological problems. This integration of statistics and biology is the distinguishing feature of the program.
The Biometry program, offered by the University of Wisconsin Madison, is distinct from the M.S. statistics program in its interdisciplinary emphasis and corresponding reduced depth in statistics. (Students interested in training with statistical consulting as the primary focus should apply for the M.S. in statistics through the statistics department.)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Demonstrates understanding and critical evaluation of statistical methods selected for applications in scientific inquiries.
- Identifies data sources and study design, and assembles appropriate statistical approaches to data analysis, in a particular scientific field of study.
- Evaluates and synthesizes data information pertaining to questions in the field of study.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Statistics View 291 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Prospective students may apply for admission to the biometry program without application to any other program
- Prospective students may also apply simultaneously with application to another program or after admission into another program. It is anticipated that most students enrolled in the biometry program will be enrolled concurrently in another program
- Acceptance of a prospective student by a statistical and biological co-advisor, who should be identified at the time of application, is necessary for admission into the Program and input from prospective co-advisors will be sought in the admissions process
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.