The Music Education - Instrumental program of Capital University is designed for music educators like you. In just three summers of intensive coursework and hands-on workshops, you’ll be challenged to elevate your teaching and playing technique and then bring what you learn in the summer to your classroom in the fall.
Designed to work around — and for — you.
- In the Instrumental Emphasis track, you can participate in our four-day Complete Band Director Workshop and learn how to establish, administer and teach a well-balanced band program.
- And if you’re running your own summer band camp, you can enroll in just one of the two summer sessions and still earn your master’s degree in only three summers. This flexibility is just one of many reasons so many music educators choose Capital for their Master of Music in Music Education.
- Instrumental Conducting Seminar
- Graduate Music Theory Seminar
- Graduate Music History Seminar
- Individual Instrument Studio Instruction
- Curriculum Development for Music Educators
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3217 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you’re ready to advance your career, our graduate programs will give you the advantage and the network you’re looking for. Explore our graduate programs below, or complete your bachelor's degree before moving on to a master's.
- At Capital, we specialize in guiding professionals to their first — or second — degree and helping them take the next step on their career path. Explore our other popular adult degree – or non-degree – programs in several professional fields.
International14720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 USD per credit during 18 months.
National14720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.