The Education program at Colorado Mesa University is designed to provide the student with 12 hours of core knowledge in educational design, theory, assessment, pedagogy and culture, technology and research, culminating in a capstone project. The additional semester hours allow the student to focus on a particular subject or endorsement area.
All CMU program completers are expected to demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking, communication fluency, quantitative fluency, and specialized knowledge}applied learning.
In addition to these campus-wide student learning outcomes, all recipients of an Applied Mathematics Graduate Certificate will be able to:
- Employ mathematical, computational anWor statistical methods to address topics in applied mathematics (specialized knowledge}applied learning, quantitative fluency);
- Employ mathematical, computational and/or statistical methods to address topics in applied mathematics (specialized knowledge}applied learning, quantitative fluency);
- Create oral and written arguments, well-grounded in theories and methods of applied mathematics (communication fluency, quantitative fluency);
- Formulate and evaluate hypotheses related to applied problems, issues, concepts, and perspectives (critical thinking, quantitative fluency).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Culture and Pedagogy
- Educational Technology
- Theory, Design, and Assessment of Curriculum
- Introduction to Educational Research & Design
- Information Based Educational Practice/Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4083 other Masters in Education in United States
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- hold a current Colorado Teaching License--for principal and SPED licensure programs
- demonstrate evidence of strong academic background and ability to pursue advanced study
- demonstrate evidence of dedication and promise to the field of education as a professional leader
- have excellent English reading, writing and critical thinking skills
- possess competence in the use of education technology
- maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- attend Graduate Student Orientation at CMU
International11625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State7750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Grand Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.