At a Glance
The Europe Institute for Gender Equality suggests that gender based violence 'constitutes a breach of the fundamental right to life, liberty, security, dignity, equality between women and men, non-discrimination and physical and mental integrity.' It tries to categorise acts of violence as domestic, harassment, rape, customary traditional practises in some cultures trafficking, forced prostitution, violations of human rights, forced pregnancy, forced sterilisation, forced abortion and more.
The Sex, Gender, Violence programme of the University of Aberdeen provides you with a contemporary critical approach to this subject.
- International Development
- Peace building
- Non government organisations
- Women's rights
- International Justice
- Advanced Social Theory
- Advanced Qualitative Methods in Social Science
- Sex, Gender, Violence: Critical Approaches
- Dimensions of Globalization
- The Comparative Study of European Societies
- Advanced Quantitative Methods in Social Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
Deadlines for applicants applying for full-time on campus postgraduate taught degrees starting in January will be confirmed shortly.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 100 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United Kingdom
- Applicants for admission will normally be expected to hold a relevant Honours degree with a 2:1 standard from a recognised university or body
- Applicants without this qualification may be admitted subject to having an alternative qualification, or an approved level of work experience appropriate to the field of study. Also taken into careful consideration is the trajectory of results, an applicant without an overall 2.1 but with 2.1 results in their final two years of study may be admitted
- English Language Requirements
- A degree certificate showing your qualifications
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
- Two reference letters, one of which should be from your university discussing your academic ability
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.