The Sport and Exercise Psychology degree offered by Plymouth Marjon University provides opportunities to experience the practical nature of what a sport and exercise psychologist does.
One of the standout features is the applied professional practice module. This module enables the student to engage in a work based learning environment to practice, develop and reflect upon the application of the appropriate skillset, and it’s development, within sport and exercise psychology. This feature will also be attractive to students who are already in employment as it allows them to combine work and study sport psychology.
The programme reflects the stringent requirements for the British Psychological Society (BPS) stage 1 (BPS approval of the curriculum is subject to confirmation) and the British Association of Sport & Exercise Sciences (BASES) supervised experience. In addition the degree will explore contemporary issues and challenges within sport and exercise psychology.
Graduates of the programme who have a sport and exercise science background can apply for the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) Supervised Experience, which is the route to becoming a BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist (Psychology), and they can log their placement hours towards this. This progamme also aligns to the professional standards of the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC).
What might you become?
This MSc Sport & Exercise Psychology degree prepares students to:
- Become a BPS chartered Sport and Exercise Psychologist - graduates of the programme who also have a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited undergraduate degree can register for stage 2 of the BPS’s qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology on completion of this MSc (this MSc is currently subject to BPS accreditation).
- Become a BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist (Psychology) - graduates of the programme who have a sport and exercise science background can apply for the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) Supervised Experience.
- This MSc Sport & Exercise Psychology degree also prepares students to pursue a range of careers with the application of psychology in sport and exercise performance, health and wellbeing, and sport and exercise rehabilitation, as well as possible further studies in postgraduate research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied professional practice
- Development of the sport & exercise psychology professional
- Research methods for postgraduate study
- Contemporary interests in sport & exercise psychology
- Psychological skills and therapeutic skills in sport & exercise
- Master’s thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Sciences View 308 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants would normally have a 2:2 degree (or above) in a relevant subject area, although all applications will be reviewed on an individual basis.
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.