At a Glance
Want to join an exciting profession with excellent career prospects?
The Real Estate (Commercial Option) programme of the University of Aberdeen is a 12 month full time ’conversion’ programme for students with a wide range of first degrees who want to fast-track a career path into the real estate profession.
With proven academic credentials, this Master's degree has been running at the University of Aberdeen for over 20 years, underpinned by our world-renowned strengths in valuation, property investment, economics and finance. Combining academic rigour with the professional edge, the degree has become highly regarded by employers throughout the world.
The main emphases of the programme are on;
- economics, finance, business and quantitative skills
- institutional and legal factors and the policy environment of real estate
- property management, market analysis, investment and development
- analysis and problem solving in a strategic business context
You can choose from :
- a commercial UK focused real estate pathway aimed at students wishing to pursue a career in the UK.
- an international real estate pathway, enabling students to gain an in-depth understanding of real estate from a global perspective.
The Real Estate Group, based within the School, is internationally recognised for its research excellence in this specialist field – and as such gives our students the great advantage of accessing a wealth of powerful data.
Our graduates achieve notable success in the employment market, with many employed by the major surveying firms in lucrative careers spanning surveying, investment, property valuation, planning and development and property management.
As there are more chartered surveying positions in London than there are in the rest of the UK, it’s no surprise that many of our past students are now enjoying careers with major surveying firms in the capital. But we also have significant numbers of former students in Glasgow and Edinburgh – not to mention many engaged with local practices throughout the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Real Estate
- Property Law & Institutions
- Valuation and Finance
- Real Estate Economics
- International Real Estate
- Advanced Valuation and Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership Real Estate & Property Management View 1749 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- This programme is open to graduates from any discipline, and does not require business or management study to be completed at undergraduate level
- Our minimum entry requirement for this programme is a degree at 2:2 (lower second class) UK Honours level (or a degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth)
- English Language Requirements
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- RUK students fee - £10,200 per year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.