The Public Health offered by Plymouth Marjon University is a ‘specialised’ Master’s Degree in that it has academic and professional elements, taking an interdisciplinary approach to areas related to public health. Students are taught how to monitor, diagnose and regulate the health concerns of communities through public policies’.
The programme is both for students who want to enter the field of public health and for those already working as a health professional who want to progress their career. There will be opportunities to engage with employers and real-world projects and for those already in employment there will be opportunities to network and develop their understanding and competences.
The intention is to run the full-time programme on 3 days of the week and part-time route on one day a week. We are seeking accreditation from APHEA and for CPD accreditated modules from the government's Faculty of Public Health.
What might you become?
Graduates will be well placed to apply for public health roles in local or national government health departments. The range of jobs varies widely, and can include epidemiology, environmental health, health education, health promotion, health policy development, research and health advocacy.
While studying students on this course can apply for student membership with The Royal Society of Public Health and upon completion of the course students will be eligible to apply for a fellowship membership.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public Health
- Quantitative Research
- Health Promotion
- Epidemiology of Non-Communicable Disease
- Leadership for Public Health
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 771 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- An Honours degree – normally 2.2 or above, preferably in a health related subject or an equivalent academic or professional qualification from the UK or elsewhere.
- Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience.
- International students must provide evidence of proficiency in English at IELTS 6.5 band score or above.
- 20% discount for alumni who progress from our undergraduate to postgraduate programmes within two years.
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.